Crab Macaroni & Cheese
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups dungeness crabmeat, leave as chunky as possible
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes (drained and each tomato quartered)
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) box rotini pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare pasta, set aside.
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute.
- Whisk in flour (will get thick).
- Start whisking in milk in small amounts until the sauce has a gravy-like consistency.
- Stir in cheese (I used a three-cheese blend) until melted.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the tomatoes and crab meat.
- Add (cooked) pasta to sauce and transfer to a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!