Crab Cheese Fondue
I adopted this recipe from a member here at Zaar. This was her original description: "My daughter begged to take this recipe to school for her birthday party treat rather than cupcakes when she was six! The teachers asked me to make a separate batch for them the next time. We've been eating it every chance we get for the last twenty years. Given to me by a co-worker years' ago."
- Ready In:
- 1 (5 ounce) jar sharp cheddar cheese (I use Kraft Old English)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 8 -12 ounces crabmeat, not imitation
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1 loaf crispy crusted French bread, cut into serving chunks (robustly sized not daintily sized)
- Soften cream cheese.
- Blend the cheeses together.
- Add seasonings.
- Add crab and white wine.
- Heat and serve in a fondue pot with accompanying bread for dipping.
- May be doubled but do not double wine.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
PHENOMENAL! Made this last night for New Year Eve fondue. I used block cheddar cheese, omitted the parsley (taste preference) and melted everything on the stove before serving. It remind my DH and I of a VERY expensive dinner we had in San Francisco on vacation once. Next time, my DH would like me to try it in bread bowls. This recipe is TASTY and EASY!