Crab Cakes With Aioli Dipping Sauce
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, shells picked out
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed green onion flavor potato chips (I use Mikesell's brand)
- 1⁄4 cup real mayonnaise (do not substitute)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- unsalted butter (for frying, approx. 2-4 tablespoons)
- 1 lemon, cut in half (other half is for the dipping sauce)
Aioli Dipping Sauce
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons horseradish mustard (I use Grey Poupon Horseradish Mustard)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 dash kosher salt (optional)
- In a mini chopper, finely crush the potato chips.
- In a med. size bowl, mix together mayonnaise, Old Bay, white pepper, worcestershire sauce, and dry mustard until creamy.
- Add the crab meat and mix evenly but gently so as not to break up the clumps of crab too much. Clumps of crab are a good thing!
- Gently stir in 1/4 cup crushed potato chips.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties and coat with remaining potato chip crumbs.
- Melt about 2 tablespoons unsalted butter over medium heat. Add more butter if needed.
- When the butter starts to sizzle, gently place the crab cakes into the pan (they're delicate).
- Sprinkle with a little kosher salt if desired and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Carefully flip the patties, and drizzle with lemon juice from 1/2 of the lemon. Cook for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dipping Sauce: Place all ingredients in mini chopper and push the button. That's it! Make it ahead of time if desired and refrigerate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!