Corn Bread for 100 in Convection Oven
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 10 tablespoons baking powder (not baking soda)
- 18 eggs
- 6 cups corn kernels
- 4 quarts milk
- 2 lbs melted margarine (not whipped)
- Preset convection oven to 375 for 20 minutes + 5-10 minutes.
- "If you use a convection oven, the cornbread turns out lovly.".
- Spray inside of each SS hotel pan with oil.
- Mix together separetly the dry ingredients and wet ingredients.
- Combine and stir until lumps are gone.
- Pour batter into pans about 3/4 " of batter, cover with tin foil and into convection oven.
- Rotate each pan half way through time set. At end of 20 minutes, uncover, check for uniform light brown color and solid in middle, put back in for 5-10 minutes until knife comes out of middle cleanly.
- Cut into squares of 30 per pan.
Questions & Replies
Great recipe and just what we were looking for! Our church has been helping supplement the Salvation Army mobile food van in this time of need and have made this cornbread recipe several times for the meal. It is a big hit and we keep getting requests to serve it the next time we go out. It works perfect just as is! Thank you!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Having spent the last 40 years selling recreational equipment in Southern Wisconsin, I have closed my business and finally have time to cook. I never sold anything that anyone ever "had to have". SO NOW I'M LEARNING HOW TO PREPARE THINGS, FOLKS HAVE-TO-HAVE! Been great fun and love to expermint. My wife says I cook weirdsville. But, someone likes my cooking, and that's what is important to me!