Corn and Potato Fritters
- Ready In:
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil and gently fry the onion until soft but uncoloured. Remove from heat.
- Mix the potato and sweetcorn together and add the the oregano, beaten egg, onion mix and seasoning if desired.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan or skillet. Divide the mixture into two and place into the hot pan to make two oval shaped cakes.
- Cook the fritters over a low heat for about 10 mins until the bottom is golden and they are almost cooked through. It helps to flatten them with a palette knife.
- Sprinkle each cake with the grated cheese and place under a hot grill until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- White the fritters are under the grill poach or fry two eggs.
- Serve the fritters topped with the egg and with some sliced tomatoes if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum! I made this using 2 small omelette pans (one fritter in each), but couldn't put the pans under the grill, so didn't do the melted cheese part. I turned them over and cooked the other side instead, but I'm sure the cheese would have been good. I had mine with sweet chilli sauce and the other half had his with sweet soy sauce. Worth making again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Under construction... How I rate... 5 stars - perfect, will make again without any changes. 4 stars - Liked it, will make again again but with changes. 3 stars - had to make major changes but got it to work. 2 stars - had to make major changes and it didn't work. 1 star - went terribly, a waste of time and ingredients, I cried, BF cried the cats cried you get the picture...