Corn and Green Chili Frittata (Ww 4 Points)
- Ready In:
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup corn kernel, frozen, thawed
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mild green chilies, chopped, drained
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons thyme, fresh, chopped OR
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Whisk together the eggs, corn, chiles, milk, thyme, salt, black pepper and pepper sauce in a large bowl.
- spray a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and sprinkle with the tomatoes. Cover and cook until the eggs are set, about 15 minutes. Cut the frittata into 4 wedges. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I just love eggs and could eat them morning noon and night. This dish was no exception. My one and only quibble is that I don't think the thyme and canned peppers meshed well together despite that they both go well with the eggs and corn. I think I would do one or the other and then complement that depending on the direction. Thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Cooking is one of my great passions in life. I love a good meal, however, my love of cooking comes from the enjoyment I see in the faces of the those that eat my creations. I am a full-time business woman, wife and pet parent. My hobbies are reading, cooking and scrapbooking. I am also a huge fan of Reality TV shows with Iron Chef America and Dinner Impossible as my can't miss weekly shows.