Copper Country Quiche
photo by juliadp
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 lb spinach, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, sliced
- In food processor with steel blade or in large mixer bowl, cut butter and cream cheese into the 1 c flour until mixture forms a smooth dough. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll doughh out to fit a 9" pie pan or quiche pan. Freeze 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, cook the spinach over medium heat for a few minutes, until the spinach wilts, Drain and chop. Drain on paper towel.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach with the remaininng 2 Tbsp flour, Mix in the remaining ingredients. Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes until quiche has set in the center.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a preschool teacher in Florida, here since marrying my hubby in Sept of '04. I have a stepdaughter. No kiddos of our own unless you count those with fur :-) We have 2 cats and 2 dogs who think they are cats. We are inovoled with our church and with our local American Legion post, where I cook breakfast once a month for the community, so I am always looking for new and fun breakfast/brunch ideas.