Old Country Quiche
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A recipe that supposedly has a history way back to 1936
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 6 slices lean bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 9 inch quiche dish with the pastry and flute the edges. Fill with dry beans and bake for 15 minutes or until light brown. Discard the beans and cool on a rack.
- Meanwhile, in a 6 inch nonstick skillet, melt the butter over moderately high heat. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes or until soft and then transfer to a medium size bowl. Toss with the cheese, bacon and flour. Spread in the pie crust.
- In the same bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, salt and nutmeg. Pour over the pie mixture and bake, uncovered for 35 minutes or until the center is set.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION