photo by Zatarains
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (7 ounce) package ZATARAIN'S® Long Grain & Wild Rice Mix
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Bring water to boil in medium saucepan. Stir in Rice Mix; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Spoon rice mixture into large bowl. Cool to room temperature. Fluff with fork.
- Mix bell pepper, onion, oil, vinegar and black pepper in medium bowl. Add to rice mixture; mix well. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve immediately. Or, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (Do not add pecans until ready to serve).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!