Low Carb Cauliflower Spanish Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 2 -4 stalks celery
- 2 -3 small zucchini
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup broth or 1/2 cup stock
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 -3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Grate or process the head of cauliflower to the texture of rice (I pulse it in the food processor in two or three batches).
- Chop the garlic, onion, peppers, zucchini and celery. You can do all of this in the food processor.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan.
- Saute the vegetables together until heated through.
- Add stock and lower the heat, stirring often.
- When cauliflower starts to soften, add the tomato paste and spices and cook over low heat until the texture of cooked rice.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Add more stock or broth as neecessary as the vegetables cook to maintain the rice texture.
- This can be made ahead and it freezes well.
- You may add cooked chicken or sausage or cheese to this to make a one-dish meal.
Join The Conversation