Coffee Blond Brownies
photo by Muffin Goddess
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat butter and sugar over medium heat until butter melts.
- Dissolve coffee in hot water.
- Stir coffee mixture into butter mixture.
- Let cool.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla with mixer.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Spread into buttered 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350°F until lightly browned. 25-30 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very tasty bars! I used some instant cafe de olla for the coffee, and those new caramel-filled Nestle chips. As already mentioned, these are super gooey if not fully cooled prior to cutting and serving. Once fully cooled, they still gooey but cohesive, and they form a lovely thin crispy coating on the top. These made the house (and my car, and the office area at work) smell wonderful. For all the sugar in these, they aren't overly sweet, either. These were very well-received at work -- even a couple people who typically pass up coffee-flavored treats really liked these! Another keeper for the bar cookie rotation, thanks for posting! Made for Sweet December Tag 2014
I just love how simple these were to make! The bars look so pretty and have that lovely coffee smell - these are a winner! My only problem was that becase of a plumming problem in the morning, I couldn't use my kitchen until right before the meeting I was bringing these to - so they didn't set up properly - so make sure you leave enough time for them to cool. Even though mine were a bit soft in the middle parts, they were so good people scooped them up and ate them like that! I am definately making these again - with enough time next time! Thanks, LL, for another keeper! Made for PRMR Tag.
see 4 more reviews