Biscuit Mix Blond Brownies
photo by Michelle Berteig
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl mix white baking pieces, brown sugar, packaged biscuit mix, and almonds.
- Melt butter; add to cookie mix along with egg and vanilla.
- Stir until combined.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until golden brown around edges and center is almost set.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
- GIFT PACKAGING DIRECTIONS: Layer in a 1-quart glass jar or canister the following ingredients: white baking pieces, half the brown sugar, half the biscuit mix, remaining brown sugar, remaining biscuit mix, and almonds. Tap jar gently on the counter to settle each layer before adding the next. Cover jar and store at room temperature up to 1 month, or attach baking directions and give as a gift.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been a member of recipezaar and food.com for years. This is definitely my go-to place for recipes and love that I can have all my individual cookbooks to sort and store recipes. ? I like to experiment when I cook and find that I rarely follow a recipe as it is written. I am also pretty health conscious and try to cook low-fat for regular everyday meals (you can't skimp on the rich stuff for holiday meals & treats!). I also avoid processed foods and use fresh wholesome ingredients whenever possible.