Coconut Cranberry Bread
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon rum extract (or vanilla extract)
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped (fresh or frozen-no need to thaw)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together buttermilk, pineapple juice, eggs, oil and extract.
- Stir wet mixture into flour mixture until just moistened; fold in chopped cranberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until wooden skewer inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove bread from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a lovely quick bread. I very much enjoyed a still warm slice with a cup of Darjeeling tea. I didn't have the pineapple juice so used apple juice and that worked very well. Also, used Splenda for the sugar and went with the rum extract and frozen cranberries. The end result had a perfect texture and crumb, it sliced very well too. Made for PAC, Spring 2014.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
WARNING: Make my recipes if you want, but I am no longer an active member and will not acknowledge reviews, photos or answer questions via z-mail. I find this site to be pretty useless without the forums. I can find recipes on a lot of different websites.