photo by PanNan
- Ready In:
- 60 g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup caster sugar (150g)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup self raising flour (150g)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (80ml)
- 10 g butter, extra melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar, extra
- Preheat oven to 180dc/160dc fan forced. Grease deep 20cm round cake pan, line base with baking paper.
- Beat butter, extract, sugar and egg in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. stir in sifted flour and milk.
- Spread mixutre into pan, bake about 30 minutes. Stand cake in pan 5 minutes before turning, topside up onto wire rack. Brush top of cake with melted buter, sprinkle with combined cinnamon and extra sugar. Serve warm with whipped cream or butter.
- Variation - I accidently put 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate essence in before I noticed I'd picked up the wrong bottle. It's really nice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! That's it - just one pure word ! Did not change a thing - your directions are spot on and we all enjoyed a slice (well okay we enjoyed 2 slices each) this morning! So moist and the butter & sugar/cinnamon topping - well just heavenly. From 5 people you received 5 stars so you should have 25 stars on this quick and easy recipe! Found and made during ZWT8
Reviewed for ZWT8. Such an easy and quick cake to make. I made mine gluten-free by using a blended gluten-free self-raising flour (Orgran brand) in place of the regular wheat self-raising flour. Turned out perfectly and nobody would guess that it was gluten-free. Photo to be posted. I love Australian Women's Weekly Cake recipes....I've never made one yet that hasn't turned our perfectly.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Well, I am very passionate about cooking and love discovering new recipes. I love participating in the events since I'm always finding new recipes that I wouldn't have found on my own. My housemates and boyfriend all enjoy our food adventures and I love to leave people positive reviews and nice ish photos.