Basic Butter Cake
Page 10, The Australian Womans Weekly, Classic Cakes cookbook. Uploaded so I have an online copy, shared so others can benefit
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 250 g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups caster sugar (275g)
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups self-raising flour (335g)
- 3⁄4 cup milk (80ml)
- Preheat oven to 180dc/160dc fan-forced. Grease deep 22cm round or 19cm square cakepan. Line base with baking paper.
- Beat butter, extract and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in sifted flour and milk, in two batches.
- Spread mixture into pan; bake about 1 hour. Stand case in pan 5 minutes before turn, top-side up onto wire rack to cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION