Cinnamon and Ginger Cranberry Sauce
photo by The Blender Girl
- Ready In:
2 small bowls
- 4 cups fresh cranberries or 4 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger juice (grate fresh ginger and squeeze out the juice, to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon, depending on taste
- Bring the raisins, cherries, cranberries, orange juice and water to the boil.
- Simmer for about ten minutes or until some of the cranberries start to burst open. Some will burst open and some will not. This gives a great texture.
- Now add in the agave nectar, ginger juice, orange zest and cinnamon and simmer for a few more minutes just to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, you can place a stick blender into the pan and blend a little if you want a smoother consistency.
- Chill in the fridge for at least a few hours to allow the sauce to thicken and the flavors to infuse. This tastes even better the next day.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!