photo by Jelzabeth
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 30mins
- 2 cups beef broth (May want to reduce to 1 or 1.5 cups)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 lbs ground beef, low-fat
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles (cooked)
- finely ground cheddar cheese
- white onion, diced (optional)
- In a medium bowl whisk together the broth, tomato sauce, tomato paste, vinegar, chili powder, cocoa, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, salt and pepper.
- Add mixture to slow cooker.
- Stir in garlic and yellow onions.
- Lightly brown beef in a skillet.
- Add beef to slow cooker and mix.
- Cook on high for six hours or low for eight hours covered.
- Serve over cooked noodles, topped with shredded cheddar and white onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!