Christmas Time Caramel Apple Jelly
photo by Wanda S.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 quart fresh apple juice
- 1 3⁄4 ounces fruit pectin (bloomed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons caramel extract
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 5 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, to personal taste (optional)
- Add juice, bloomed pectin, lemon juice, extracts and food coloring into saucepan. Cook over high heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil, (usually 30 to 45 minutes), stir constantly.
- When mixture has hit the rolling boil stage add the sugar and cinnamon (if using) and re-heat until mixture comes to another rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and skim off any sugar scum. Ladle into processed 8 oz jelly jars, seal with lid and put in refrigerator until ready for use.
- For best results wait 24 hours for proper jelly set up.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've been a professional Chef my entire life and started at the age of 14 with Hollondaise Sauce