Chocolate Rum Balls
photo by Chef Petunia
- Ready In:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 11 ounces vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups nuts, finely chopped
- Melt chocolate over very low heat or in a double boiler. Add corn syrup and alcohol (REMOVE FROM HEAT SOURCE AND BE VERY CAREFUL WITH ALCOHOL AND AN OPEN FLAME).
- In a large bowl, combine crushed wafers, powdered sugar and one cup of the chopped nuts. Add chocolate mixture to the crumb mixture and stir well.
- Let stand 30 minutes and then stir again. Shape into 1" balls then roll into remaining nuts. Store in a very tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for at least 3 days for best flavor.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love food and I love to cook. I enjoy trying new and different foods and ingredients, enjoy traveling, festivals that gear toward food or drink, camping and being with family & friends. I am a serious cookbook and recipe collector, love my felines and try to balance my life to live to it's fullest.