Banana Brownie Bread
photo by twissis
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease loaf pan.
- Combine margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a bowl.
- Beat on medium speed until moistened.
- Mash bananas and add with milk.
- Beat on low to blend.
- Add next five ingredients.
- Beat on low until flour mixture is moistened.
- Use a spoon to fold in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake on centre rack 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This lovely, moist (but not overly so) quick bread was my 1st pick for my personal Best of 2016. We loved it & several guests have shared our opinion. This was a 2nd effort, but forgot to review my 1st. Used a loaf pan for the 1st try & a springform bundt pan for the 2nd. Both were equally wonderful. Made as written except that I did not use the nuts as DH is restricted by a special diet. Thx for sharing this recipe. It will be made often. :-)
I loved this bread. It was a nice change from the usual banana bread. There was just enough chocolate so as not to overpower the bananas, but to still give a nice flavor. I used butter instead of margarine and I used 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour and 3/4 cup of white flour. It turned out moist and flavorful. I will make this again. Thanks!