Chip Chip (Trinidad)
photo by WizzyTheStick
- Ready In:
- 4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups thinly sliced coconut (with brown husk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Boil sugar and water to from a light syrup.
- When bubbles the size of small pearls appear, add coconut and cream of tartar.
- When the coconut mixture leaves the side of the pan easily (No syrup must be running out), remove from the heat and beat with a spoon for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the almond extract and food colouring if desired.
- Drop by spoon onto a greased cookie tray.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is extremely addictive lol! I had fresh shaved coconut in my freezer just waiting to use up, not sure if I used 4 cups I really did not measure, I just eye-balled it! this is actually an easy recipe, and you need to have a sweet tooth for this, it is very sweet, great recipe de Roche!...Kitten :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
You can no longer find me on here on Recipezaar. You can go to my website below if you have any questions about any of my recipes