Chinese Orange Beef
- Ready In:
- Toss the steak in a little cornstarch.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Stir-fry beef strips in small batches for about 2 minutes, until browned. Remove the beef and set aside.
- Add the garlic, orange juice and soy sauce and bring to the boil.
- Return the beef to the pan, add the scallions and heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling water following packet instructions. Tip into a colander and drain.
- Serve the beef on a bed of piping-hot cooked noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was good. My husband and I enjoyed it over traditional chinese noodles. It is a quick stir fry but we didn't get much taste of the orange. It was definitely a nice meal but not overly orange flavorful if that makes sense. The meal is strictly a sauce that attaches to the meat and there is no leftover sauce for the noodles. So next time we would increase the fresh orange juice and maybe add some fresh ginger as well along with making more sauce as we are sauce people. Thanks for sharing English_Rose! Made for the June Oranges event in the Spain/Portugal Forum. Enjoy! ChefDLH
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)