Chilli Spare Ribs
I can't eat this one :( Between Hoisin sauce and the sugar... And pork does terrible things to my bloodsugar... BUT here it is for ZRT6! :) From Essential Asian Cookbook (Bay Books).
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spareribs
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon chili bean paste or 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, preferably dark
- Place the pork in a large pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Place all the remaining ingredients and the pork ribs in a wok. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- Heat a clean wok and sear the pork until browned.
- Add the reserved liquid and cook over medium until it glazes.
- Chop the pork into bite size pieces and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I loved these! I cooked the cup of sauce down to a glaze in the skillet, and cooked the rest down to a nice thick sauce in a saucepan.....made for a heavenly sauce!!! Loved these...without the extra glaze, they were a little bland, but with the extra, they are perfect! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT6 Zingo by an Unruly Under the Influence.
Great sweet and spicy flavor to these. I loved them. My friend thought they were good, but the more they ate them the more they liked them. Has a little heat, but nothing over the top, lets say I could have done hotter. I wanted to do these on the grill, so I omitted the water but kept the rest of the ingredients the same. Worked like a charm, just the right consistancy for a grilling sauce. Thanks for sharing. Made for a Seasoned Sailor and his Sassy Sirens - ZWT6.