Hoisin Country-Style Spare-Ribs
photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 ounces hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 lbs pork ribs (country style)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix vinegar, brown sugar & hoisin sauce together thoroughly. (Set aside).
- In skillet on medium high heat when oil begins to sizzle brown meaty ribs turning to lock in juices all four sides. (About a minute per side).
- Remove from stove.
- Place a sheet of baking parchment paper in the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Place the ribs on top and coat 1/2 of the "vinegar, brown sugar & hoisin sauce" mixture evenly on each rib.
- Bake ribs for 45 minutes.
- Turn them over and baste with remaining mixture and bake for another 20 minutes or until pork is cooked thoroughly with no hint of pink.
- Serve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I just made these ribs for dinner tonight and they were delicious. Noting that an earlier review mentioned had wished the sauce flavored the ribs more. Here is how I solved that. Since I was using 2 x's the amount of ribs. I knew I would need 2 x's the sauce. First, I marinated them over night with salt, pepper and garlic powder. In the morning, I made up one batch of the sauce and marinated the ribs in it for around 8 hours. Before I cooked the ribs, I made a second batch of sauce. I did not brown the ribs before putting them in the oven. I did spread the sauce on them and baked them for the 45 minutes as mentioned above. Instead of putting them back in the oven. I noticed that they were cooked thru. I took the remaining sauce and then browned the ribs on my grill.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a graphic artist, food blogger, photographer...