Chickpea and Chilli Salad
photo by Peter J
- Ready In:
- 2 (400 g) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, medium, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 chili, red deseeded and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pita bread, grilled and cut into thin fingers
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Make salad dressing by combining, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper in a screw top jar and shake well.
- Pour over salad, cover and leave for 10 minutes at room temperature for the flavours to mingle.
- Serve with grilled Pita bread fingers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We eat a lot of chickpeas and a lot of chickpea salads-this was a great one thanks Kathy. I made a half recipe and reduced the tablespoon of oil to a teaspoon. It didn't seem to matter but cut the fat content a lot. I made this to go with my Recipe #427042 and Recipe #36688. It went perfectly with them and gave us a delicious dinner.