Chicken With Pearl Onion and Cremini Mushroom Sauce
Put something elegant and delicious on the dinner table tonight.
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms or 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rosemary
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with 1/4 teaspoons of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper and sauté chicken in 1 tablespoons olive oil until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Set chicken aside, and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoons of olive oil to pan and cook onions and garlic 3 to 4 minutes until onions are brown.
- Add mushrooms and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add cream and return chicken breasts to pan.
- Cook, covered, over low heat, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rosemary, remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoons pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What a tasty tasty dish. My dh & I loved this easy to make dish. It was really fast. The chicken was moist and tender, the thick, and smooth sauce was very flavorful. The onions and mushrooms were the perfect finishing touches. I served the chicken with tea biscuits and steamed spinach, it was wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing. I will be making this again often.