photo by Yorky1000
- Ready In:
- 700 g chicken breasts, cubed 30 mm
- 1 small onion, roughly cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed, roasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed, roasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 100 ml plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pureed garlic
- 1 teaspoon pureed ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- Grind all the dry spices to a fine powder.
- Add the ground spices and the remaining ingredients (except the chicken and onion) into a blender and blend until smooth. Mix thoroughly with the chicken pieces in a bowl. Cover with film and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Soak sufficient kebab sticks in water (allow for four chicken pieces per stick).
- Thread the chicken onto the sticks leaving a gap between the pieces. Place on a grill tray with a little olive oil and scatter around the onions. Grill, turning the kebabs two or three times, for about 12 minutes or until the tikka is brown.
- Serve with the onions, salad and rotis and/or naan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!