Chicken, Sausage, and Leek Pie
photo by Chef LauraMD
- Ready In:
- 1 double crust pie crust
- 4 -5 leeks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 14 -16 ounces breakfast sausage links, cut into bit size pieces
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- salt & pepper
- Add 2 T olive oil to pan over medium heat, add leeks and cook 10 minutes. Add chicken and sausage and cook until lightly browned and remove from the pan. Add 3 T butter and 2 T olive oil and flour, cook 1 minute, then add broth, milk, parsley, chives, tarragon and salt & pepper to taste. Set aside 3/4 c sauce. Add back in the chicken mixture to remaining sauce and turn off.
- Roll out 2/3 of the pastry crust into a pie pan. Spoon in mixture. Roll out remaining crust and cut into strips and place over pie.
- Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes and serve with remaining sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!