Chicken Satay Appetizers
photo by ncmysteryshopper
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Mix soy sauce, chilli paste, garlic, oil and sugar.
- Cut chicken into 36 thin strips and marinate in a bowl with the soy sauce mixture, turning to ensure chicken is coated.
- Thread chicken pieces on to the bamboo skewers, line skewers up on a parchment/foil-lined baking tray and keep covered in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Bake the chicken skewers for 10-15mins in the hottest part of the oven (maybe 4-6" from top heating element).
- When done, remove the tray from oven and squeeze juice of 1 lime over the chicken.
- Serving suggestion: Heat 1 1/2 cup of your favorite satay sauce and place 2 tablespoon of the sauce in each shot glass (you'll need 12); pop 3 skewers in each glass and a slice of lime onto each rim.
- Satay sauce suggestion: recipe #69191 Spicy Peanut Sauce (you'll need about at least 5x the recipe) or any storebought satay sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was so good and so easy to make! We ate it for dinner, but it would be an awesome appetizer as well. I served it with Pet’s Parmesan Lemon Rice (#45227) and used your satay sauce from your other recipe. Our three year old asked for seconds! I will definitely make this again! Thanks Watermelon!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi everyone! I'm addicted to recipezaar - there are so many things that I love about this site; the wonderful people, recipes, lots of great pictures and there's always someone who'll answer my cooking/baking/general question. I grew up in Malaysia, but now live in sunny Singapore. Both are beautiful tropical (read: HOT!) countries in Southeast Asia. There are so many good food here, especially ethnic stuff like spicy Malaysian curries (which will clear the worst blocked nose), flaky & crispy Indian roti paratha/canai, homey Chinese stir-fries, rich & decadent Asian desserts like kuih lapis (Malay many-layers cake), pineapple tarts, crumbly peanut cookies etc. <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/zaarfreak/REI/12may05REI2_S.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">