- Ready In:
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 4 ounces granulated sugar
- 4 ounces self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 600 g frozen mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ounce sliced almonds
- In a food processor, whiz together the butter, 4 oz. sugar, flour, eggs, milk and 1 teaspoons vanilla extract until smooth.
- Lightly grease a 7" x 11" oblong baking dish and add the frozen berries.
- Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons sugar and the remaining vanilla extract.
- Dollop over the cake mixture, then smooth over with the back of a spoon to cover the fruit.
- Make a little dip in the middle of the mixture to ensure it cooks evenly throughout.
- Scatter the almonds over the cake mixture.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F and cook for 45 minutes, until the fruit is hot and the cake is cooked through.
- Serve warm with custard or ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>