Chicken -Rice Florentine
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Easy Weeknight Favorites from Southern Living
- Ready In:
- 4 slices bacon
- 6 chicken breast halves, cut into one inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook bacon in a lage skillet until crisp; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Add chicken and onion to reserved drippings; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chicken is done.
- Add 3/4 cup water and next 4 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; stir in rice. Cover and remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in bacon and cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION