Chicken in Balsamic Barbecue Sauce
I found this recipe on-line while looking for South African recipes and it stated: "adapted from South African Gourmet Food and Wine by Rosen & Loon"
- Ready In:
- 8 chicken breasts, Medium
- 1 small onion, Finely Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 green onions, Chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, Crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, Finely Chopped
- Tabasco sauce, To Taste
- Combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Marinate chicken in half the sauce for 3 hours or overnight.
- Put remaining marinade aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade, place chicken in foil-lined pan and broil until nicely browned about 10- 20 minutes per side(depending on the size), or grill on the bbq.
- Heat reserved marinade and pour over chicken. Serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
DH, who never, EVER gives any recipe more than 4 stars gave this an enthusiastic 5! We both loved this hugely flavorful sauce. Sweet and tangy glazed goodness on boneless skinless chicken breasts. We had to do them under the broiler as our lovely state of AK decided it needed rain... still amazing :)Reply
see 64 more