Couscous With Herbs and Lemon
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth (10 fl oz) or 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous (1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1 -3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Cook onion in 1 tablespoon oil in a 2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Add water and broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous, then cover and remove from heat. Let couscous stand, covered, 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and stir in herbs, lemon juice, remaining tablespoon oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
- For vegetarian do not use Chicken Broth.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Good clean flavours I used parsley, sweet basil and oregeno (1/4 cu of each and then finely sliced), would have liked more onin but loved using the stock/broth to cook the couscous (I used a veggie one). I also scaled back to 3 serves and as a side it was plenty with still some left over. Thank you Sharon123 for a lovely recipe and to Annacia for her recommendation, made for I Recommend Tag Ga,me.