Chicken Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers from Buns in My Oven
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Sweet bell peppers stuffed with chicken, cheese and veggies.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 -3 seeded jalapeno pepper, finely diced (I used 1 and it wasn't spicy at all)
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh corn, cut from 2 cobs
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 red bell peppers (or any color)
- Poach the chicken breasts in the chicken broth. Remove the chicken when cooked through and let cool until cool enough to handle.
- Shred the chicken with two forks or give it a whirl in the food processor. (I used my food processor and really liked the texture it gave the filling.).
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, half of the monterey jack and cheddar, jalapenos, green chiles, cumin, salt and pepper, corn, and salsa. Stir to combine well.
- Slice the bell peppers in half from top to bottom. Cut out the stem and remove the veins and seeds as best you can. Stuff with the chicken mixture. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining cheese and the panko crumbs.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven. The peppers should be fairly tender and the filling heated through.
- Read more at http://www.bunsinmyoven.com/2011/07/25/chicken-cream-cheese-stuffed-peppers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION