Chicken & Crouton Casserole
There are a lot of chicken casseroles out there but this is the best I've ever had. My kids love it too. Freezes well (let thaw and then bake) and works well for a covered dish meal. I like to serve it with cranberry sauce on the side. And as a reviewer suggested, I have heard of people adding chilies to this recipe. I usually broil my chicken. The results are much tenderer than boiling it. Thigh meat can also be used if you prefer.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cooked & cubed
- 8 ounces sour cream or 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes (or crushed)
- Combine butter and stuffing.
- Line 2 quart casserole dish with half of it.
- Sprinkle chicken over stuffing.
- Combine sour cream, soup and broth.
- Pour over chicken and top with remaining stuffing.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Tip: I prefer broiled and diced chicken breast.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was great! A few months ago, I tried a WHOLE BUNCH of freezer recipes. I had grown tired of the noodly ones. This was my kids' favorite! It froze perfectly!! When cooking, I covered with foil until the very last 10 min -- I then turned up the heat (about 400) to make it nice and crispy on top. I like to serve it simply with green salad.Reply
My husband and I and our 3 kids all LOVED this! I sauteed the chicken with olive oil and garlic and my stuffing mix was a bit crushed but it worked out good. It mixed really well with the butter and it made it so that there were not all these big chunks so that it wasn't too crunchy. It was delicious! Will definitely make again. Awesome combo with the cranberry sauce!Reply