Chicken and Green Beans
photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 2 cans French style green beans (14.5oz.,drained)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (14.5oz., undrained)
- 2⁄3 cup onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (to your tastes)
- pepper (to your tastes)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- In a large pot brown chicken,onions and garlic.
- When brown add both cans of green beans,chicken broth and stewed tomatoes and seasonings.
- Stir to mix and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer till chicken is cooked throughly (about 30 minutes).
- Serve with rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was in a hurry for dinner tonight and just glanced through the ingredients and didn't follow it exactly, but it was delicious--fresh and healthy. I used fresh green beans (steamed first), and 2 fresh chopped tomatoes (sauteed them after the chicken browned), and just sliced the 6 cloves of garlic I put in rather than mincing them. I only used a splash of chicken broth as I didn't have rice or potatoes to put a sauce over. Oh, and I topped it with toasted pine nuts. Great meal. thanks.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born and raised in southern Louisiana but right now Im livin in California so I guess that makes me a California Cajun!I am married and we have 3 kids a girl 9 and a boy 5 and a new baby girl 9 months.I am an EMT but for now I am staying home with my kids!So my time is spent cooking,cleaning,cooking,cleaning...You get the picture right!!As for cookbooks the only one I need is right here with all ya'!ll