Chicken and Chip Casserole
- Ready In:
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes (your preference on hotness)
- 1 package corn chips (your preference)
- 4 cups shredded cheese (your preference)
- Melt butter over medium heat, add chicken and onions.
- Cook chicken until it is just cooked through.
- Set aside.
- In bowl mix, add undiluted cream of chicken soup, broth, and rotel.
- In oven casserole dish crush 1/2 bag of chips, layer on bottom of dish.
- Layer half of chicken and onions over chips.
- Pour half of soup mixture over chicken.
- Layer 2 cups of shredded cheese over chicken.
- Repeat last 4 steps.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Join The Conversation
This was so easy and incredibly delicious. I am a college student and make one large recipe to last me a whole week so I can still cook and eat good food without having tons of leftovers. Let me just say that this was so filling, so delicious, and something I looked forward to eating every day. It fit into my budget and filled my smiling stomach for a week!
This was great and so easy and great for leftovers! Because I didn't have tomatoes (and don't really like them anyhow) I used a drained can of corn. I also added some leeks I needed to use in with the onion and chicken. We didn't have chips, but some tortillas we really needed to use up, so I cut those in strips and used those instead...turned out very yummy and very fast!!!!
This was GREAT!! and super easy. I changed a few things according to what I had in my cabinets. I use 2 chicken breast chopped and I sauted them in some butter with onions then in a different bowl I combined can of corn can of black beans washed and drained, can of chicken broth, can of cream of celery(substitued for the cream of chicken) I cut up fresh tomatoes (sub for the can of rotelle) put crushed tortilla chips on bottom of bakeware then chicken and onions, then my soup mixture sprinkled some chedder cheese on top and then more crushed tortilla chips and viola! baked and then served over warm egg noodles... WAS A HIT!!!!