Tortilla Chip Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced mild green chilies
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cups cooked chicken, , chunked
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Caot a 1 1/2 to 3 quart casserole with nonstick spray.
- Saute onion in butter until transparent; add tomato sauce, chilies, oregano and salt.
- Simmer sauce, uncovered for 10 minutes; remove from heat.
- Layer in the casserole dish, in order, half the following: tortilla chips, jack cheese, chicken and sauce.
- Repeat with the other half of each.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Remove from oven and spread sour cream over top; wreath with grated cheese.
- Broil just until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a working mom of a beautiful little girl Keira Lynn. Watching her grow has been such a joy! My husband and I were married in May of 2006 on the beautiful island of Kauai. Since discovering this site, I have been cooking much more and have found some incredible recipes. I absolutely love to cook and try out new recipes, but have a handful of family favorites that I make quite often. My husband loves to cook as much as I do. To avoid anyone monopolizing the kitchen, we have to designate who gets to cook dinner in advance. He specializes in Asian cuisine and I love trying new healthy recipes. <a href="http://www.snugglepie.com"><img border="0" src="http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/718035.png"></a>