Chicken and Andouille Cassoulet
photo by bdognet
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 3 -4 links andouille sausages, diced (I prefer Aidells but any will do)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (white kidney)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 10 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 -3 cups chicken stock
- salt, pepper, italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, and Emirils essence to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Fry the bacon in a large stock pot until crispy. Remove and set aside. In a separate pot, bring the chicken stock to a boil. Sauté the onions in the bacon fat for 5 – 7 minutes until translucent. Add the sausage and cook another 10 minutes, scraping the bottom with a metal spatula. Add white wine and garlic, and simmer for 2 minutes. Season chicken with emeril’s essence. Add chicken, tomatoes, carrots, beans, crumbled bacon, and other spices and stir. Add boiling chicken stock. The chicken stock should not quite cover the other ingredients, unless you want your cassoulet a little soupy. Cover the pot and put into oven. Bake at 350 for 75 – 90 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes. Leave pot uncovered for the last 20 minutes to help evaporate off some of the excess liquid. Serve it in bowls with lots of crusty bread (or just eat it plain if you’re on a low-carb diet like me). Enjoy! As always, if you try this recipe, please let me know. http://www.edgeblog.net.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!