photo by Artandkitchen
- Ready In:
- Pulp the chestnuts with the food processor.
- Add the potatoes and the egg, cornstarch, salt and spices.
- Process again until well mixed and soft.
- Adjust salt and spices to taste.
- Now knead until you have a slightly sticky consistency if too sticky add remainder flour.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour.
- Form the dough into sausages like rolls about 1/2" thick, cut into 1/2" pieces. Use a fork to flatten the gnocchi leaving an imprint from the tines. Toss an edge to imitate the chestnuts shape.
- Keep the fork rinsed clean so it doesn't stick.
- Bring a big pot of salted water to boil.
- Drop about 15 gnocchi in hot water at a time, they will sink to the bottom and when cooked float to the top.
- When they are floating remove with a slotted spoon, sprinkle with olive oil or margarine or butter.
- Serve with herbed sauces or any sauce you wish.
- Tip: fits very well with duck à l’orange (for example Recipe #233059).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!