Cherry Dessert Sauce
photo by Artandkitchen
- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups
- In a blender or food processor, combine cherries & orange Juice, then cover & process until smooth.
- If it's necessary for the sauce to be REALLY smooth, strain the cherry mixture in a sieve over a bowl, then discard the pulp. (I usually don't do this step, however,).
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water, sugar & brandy (if using). Place over medium-high heat & cook until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.
- Add the cherry mixture to the sugar water & stir well, then bring it to a boil, reduce heat & simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small container, dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon of water, then stir it into the cherry mixture, bring to a boil & cook another minute or until slightly thick.
- Serve warm over pudding, pound cake, ice cream, whatever.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!