- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- Oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a large cookie sheet. In a food processor, process flour, sugar, lime peel and baking powder until blended.
- Add butter and cherries.
- Pulse until cherries are coarsely chopped.
- Spoon off and reserve 1 tablespoon of beaten eggs.
- Add remaining eggs and pistachios and pulse until dough is evenly moistened.
- Turn dough out onto on a well-floured surface.(Dough will be sticky). Divide dough in 1/4s.
- With hands, roll each portion into a 9" log.
- Place logs crosswise 3" apart on prepared baking sheet. Press logs to flatten to 2" wide. Brush with reserved egg.
- Bake 25 min. or until golden brown.
- Let cool on sheet on a wire rack 10 min.
- Loosen with a spatula and remove to a cutting board.
- Let cool 10 min. longer.
- Using a large heavy knife, cut each log diagonally in 1/2" thick slices.
- Arrange slices upright on clean cookie sheet (no need to grease sheet). Bake 14-16 min.
- longer until crisp.
- Remove to wire rack to cool (cookies will get even more crisp). - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!