Kittencal's Almond Biscotti
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup unblanched whole almonds
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind, finely grated
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and almonds.
- In another bowl, whisk together, eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and grated orange rind; stir into flour mixture until a soft sticky dough forms.
- Transfer to a lighty floured surface; form into a smooth ball.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll each into a 12-inch long log (doesn't have to be exact).
- Transfer to a ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with slightly beaten egg white.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let cool on pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer each log to a cutting board.
- Using a serrated knife cut diagonally into 3/4-inch thick slices.
- Stand cookies upright (on cut sides) on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes longer, or until golden.
- Transfer to a rack; cool.
- Note: cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
Join The Conversation