Cheesy Broccoli Soup
A delicious and creamy soup that is similar to a restaurant favorite.
- Ready In:
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) packet country gravy mix
- 1⁄2 cup cool water
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese (to garnish)
- Mix country gravy mix with 1/2 cup of cool water, set
- Bring 1-1/2 cups water to a boil.
- Pour mixed gravy and water into boiling water, whisk
- vigorously until thickend.
- Add thawed broccoli, grated cheese, parmesan cheese, and milk (more or less milk may be added until desired
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until
- heated through.
- Pour into large soup bowls and top each with 1 tbl shredded cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Susiecat has id dead on. I found this recipe after reading her review for the Easy Country Gravy and had to try it. What a treat. I used 2 cups of Easy Country Gravy and follwed the rest of the recipe as written. After cooking I tossed in in my slow cooker on warm to keep hot. I served it with Garlic Pita Chips and Soda Crackers. It was gone in no time. A true keeperReply
Delicious and comforting soup! I can't eat cooked broccoli without a cheese sauce so this was right up my alley. ;) I added 1 tsp of granulated garlic and a bit of onion powder. Served it with buttered whole wheat bread for a quick and simple dinner. Thanks for sharing! **Made for Fall PAC 2008**Reply
This is very easy, and very good. Mild flavors, an all-time kid favorite way of eating their broccoli. I did make one big change -- I didn't have any packets of gravy mix, so instead I used a 2-cup serving of recipe #193916 to replace the first three ingredients on the list, since the gravy mix specified makes 2 cups of gravy. With this substitution, the soup was thick, rich, and delicious. I'm going to pack this for DD's lunch in her Barbie thermos -- that will make for one extremely happy kid! Thanks, Mandy! Made for PAC Spring 2008Reply
see 3 more