Ok, I just knew I had to save this here for future use!It sounds AMAZING!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef, extra lean
- 2 -3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced red sweet bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, julienned
- 3 medium yellow potatoes or 3 medium red potatoes, peeled, cubed, about 3 to 4 cups
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herb seasoning mix, blend or 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded or 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut in cubes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown ground beef, onion, and celery in a large saucepan or stockpot; add a little olive oil if necessary. Add the diced red bell pepper and cook for 1 minute longer. Add the chicken broth, carrots, potatoes, parsley, and basil or herb seasoning blend. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat; stir in flour until smooth, about 30 seconds. Slowly stir in the half-and-half or milk. Stir in cheese. Continue cooking, stirring, until cheese is melted and the mixture is thick and begins to bubble. Stir the milk mixture into the soup mixture until well blended. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Heat thoroughly. Serve with biscuits or crusty rolls. Serves 6 to 8.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION