Cheeseburger Paradise Soup
- Ready In:
3 1/2 quarts
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups milk, divided
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- crumbled cooked bacon
- In a soup kettle, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and mushrooms in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add to soup.
- Stir in 4 cups milk; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Garnish with bacon.
- Editor's Note: When cutting or seeding hot peppers, use rubber or plastic gloves to protect your hands. Avoid touching your face.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fantastic! Just right for a cool and rainy day like we had today. I didn't use the green pepper (I don't care for them). I threw caution to the wind and used the full amount of jalapenos. It wasn't hot at all. I do feed some picky eaters so when I feed them I will probably cook the mushrooms in butter and serve them on the side for those who want to add them. You did it again Juenessa! Thanks for another addition to my keeper file.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a native Texan and have lived in North Texas all my life. <br />I have a wonderful husband and we celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary on July 15, 2014! <br /><br /><a href=/\\expio1\users\jwilliams\My></a>I have three beautiful boys aged 17, 15, and 15. <br /><br />And then there's my little girls, Daisy & Chloe. Daisy is a terrier mix and Chloe is a Maltie-Poo.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt=/ /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/67103/smPACp.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt=/ /></p>