MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Southern Living; family favorite
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- Pack half of meat mixture into a 9x5 inch loafpan.
- Place cheese slices on top of meat mixture.
- Spoon remaining meat mixture over cheese, covering cheese layer and pressing lightly on sides to seal; set aside.
- Combine chili sauce and mustard; mix well.
- Spread sauce over top of loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is fantastic. I've used the same meat loaf recipe my whole life and was a little unsure about trying a new one. I'm so glad that I did, because we really enjoyed this. I cut way back on the cheese though, 1/2 lb. seemed like too much to us. So I used about 1/4 lb. and it was still very cheesy. I will definitely make this again.Reply
I've never really liked meatloat but my husband does. I tried this recipe for him. I actually liked it. The meatloaf was tender and well seasoned. We both thought the cheese in the middle was a great idea and made it better than it would have been without it. The kids liked it too. Yep, will make it again. Thanks.Reply
see 6 more