photo by SashasMommy
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) package saffron rice mix (I like Vigo Yellow Rice)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 - 1 1⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup peas (fresh or frozen) or 1/2 cup green beans (fresh or frozen)
- Wash and cube chicken.
- Bring water to boil in a large sauce pan. Add rice with seasoning and butter or olive oil.
- Cook for 1 minute, then cover and reduce heat to simmering.
- Cook rice for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Saute chicken, garlic and fresh cracked pepper on medium heat till chicken is white on the outside, but not cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- Add vegetables and stir to combine. Cover and cook another 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from skillet with a slotted spoon and mix into rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!