- Ready In:
- Chill 1/3 cup (75ml) of the evaporated milk in the fridge until very cold.
- Combine remaining evaporated milk, tea bags, water and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer 5 minutes.
- Beat chilled 1/3 cup evaporated milk, sugar and vanilla until thick and frothy.
- Strain tea into warmed mugs.
- Spoon frothy mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with cardamom or nutmeg and chocolate shavings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Love, love, love this recipe. I made it with chocolately chai tea bags, used some leftover whipped cream for the topping and it was fantastic. It was so good I had to run a to-go cup over to my friend so she could rave about it with me. I won't be buying expensive chai lattes at the coffee shop anymore. Thanks for sharing!