Cauliflower and Shrimp Salad
This is one of my "adopted recipes". Hope you like it. Sounds wonderful
- Ready In:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in to bite-sized pieces
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 lb cooked baby shrimp
- 1 cup sliced pimento stuffed olive
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cooled (start with 2 cups uncooked)
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups mayonnaise (Bestfoods or Helmans)
- hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients and chill.
- Best served within a day, or two at the most- rice starts to dry out and other ingredients begin to get watery.
- Sometimes you can add more mayo and that will make it last a bit longer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The flavour of this recipe was decent, however the texture was a bit strange. I think it's because the rice seems very out of place and it doesn't match with the textures of the other ingredients. I found it distracted from the shrimp. If i make this again i'd probably lower the amount of mayonnaise (2 cups was waaaaay too much) and omit the rice.Reply
I was looking for a way to use up some cauliflower that needed to be used and found this delicious salad. However I was out of olives so used some spinach leaves (about 1 cup) and a cut up red bell pepper. Very good salad but next time I will go a bit heavier with the pepper. Thanks for sharing!Reply